What an awesome time we had today at the City Art Gallery being part of the Demented Architecture and being allowed to construct, deconstruct and modify. It made us wonder, it made us learn, it challenged us and it was fun! Take time to reflect and share with us all your thoughts!!
What I found the most challenging was when we had all of the pieces it was hard to get all the parts together and to get it on the table. Because the first time we did it it fell and broke but the second time we tried t got it. I learnt about the laws of gravity and you needed to work as a team as a team to have success.
I found it challening because i didn't want to take things from other poeple creations. But i only took it if was destroy by others and if it was by its self and I would connect to my main building. And another thing I found challenging was avioding falling building.
I found it challenging when my building fell down because it didn't have enough support underneath. I also found it challenging to avoid falling building and my own creation.
I wondered how people came up with the idea of creating all that really intresting stuff, and how long it took all those people to make them. I also wondered if any one had attempted to use some pieces from the big Louve-like building.
I wondered how long people spent on some of the buildings. When I was building my little building i did a bit then sometimes decided that i didn't like it so broke it and rebuilt. So to build something so big they must have had a lot of spare time.
I learnt that you must have a very strong base to allow the building to stay standing for a long time. when i was building the class tower our base was really strong but it was uneven that is why it fell the first time.
I was challenged because my team's building did not have a proper base, so the tower at the top was not supported very well. I also learnt that you need to make a proper structure before putting heavy things on top!!
I wonder how long most of the creations stayed there for, mainly because poeple like me just love to destroy them, and. I hope that our building is still up!
What I found challenging was trying to make the building stable so it didn't fall over. What I learnt was that if you make a strong base it wont topple over as easily. What I wondered was how people could have the patience to build massive buildings, like the one on the end of the table.
what i found challenging was that it was so hard to put the high parts on because we had "big idea's" and we were to short. What I wondered was how people could have the patience to make such big buildings, and how people figured out how to use blocks upside down.
what i found challenging was the time because i was making a pyramid which took me quite a while and only having one more piece to put in i didn't finish. i learnt that if you make a bigger ground to what you are making it will be a lot more stable. i wondered how long it toke people to make there buildings especially the big triangle one at the start and how he/her had the patient to do it.
I learnt that when I was making my stairs that I needed support beams. I learnt that you need to make things stable so they don't fall. I thought that it was interesting how complex the buildings were.
the thing that challenge me the most getting the our building strong and stable and keeping the wight the same on both sides because half the the time the building was falling down but in the end we go it stable.
I learnt that you need to plan before you create your Lego building. I also learnt that if you are building a Lego skyscraper you need to make each part of the building supported so that it won't fall. Sadly Ryan and I found out the hard way as our top part was to big to fit on top. Lego was great fun and I hope our tower can stay up for a while.
I was challenged because of the height of our tower and how it had to stay standing. Eventually we strengthened the base of our structure and balanced out all the rest of it so it won't fall over and destroy everybody else's creation.
I was challenged because at first i did not know what to make and then found the base of a building and started to maker a building. Eventually mine started to look like a building and i put some ladders and stairs on the side by a door, but then sadly we had to leave and go back to school. I loved it so much there and would go back again when it is on again. !!!! :)
I learnt that if a building is taller it has to have a large bass and has to have the same amount of weight on each side or the building will easily fall down.
challenge: what challenge me and Maiti was building a tall tower with out having it fall on top of me we could we had to plan before we started when we went straight into it with no hassle. We Maiti and i had so much fun. Unfortunately we had a big top piece to we need to expand the top out a bit more. I hope that no one will Destruct or modify onto our piece of art.
Learnt: that if you build with a bigger base at the bottom then get smaller as you go up then and that will keep the balance of your building strong. Have a thick layer of blocks to support it then you can add more things to it to make it cooler.
I loved coming to City Gallery to check out the exhibition - it was great fun but quite frustrating when our stairs kept breaking. I loved how it looked like a white lace world from a distance, or a town made of igloo!
What I found the most challenging was when we had all of the pieces it was hard to get all the parts together and to get it on the table. Because the first time we did it it fell and broke but the second time we tried t got it.
ReplyDeleteI learnt about the laws of gravity and you needed to work as a team as a team to have success.
I found it challening because i didn't want to take things from other poeple creations. But i only took it if was destroy by others and if it was by its self and I would connect to my main building. And another thing I found challenging was avioding falling building.
ReplyDeleteYes you needed to be ruthless in your thinking if you really wanted to make an impact! Definitely challenging for a number to do!
DeleteI found it challenging when my building fell down because it didn't have enough support underneath. I also found it challenging to avoid falling building and my own creation.
ReplyDeletei really wonder how long it took the parson who made the big pyramid thingy to make and how they stood up the tallest building.
ReplyDeleteI wondered how people came up with the idea of creating all that really intresting stuff, and how long it took all those people to make them. I also wondered if any one had attempted to use some pieces from the big Louve-like building.
ReplyDeleteI wondered how long people spent on some of the buildings. When I was building my little building i did a bit then sometimes decided that i didn't like it so broke it and rebuilt. So to build something so big they must have had a lot of spare time.
ReplyDeleteI learnt that you must have a very strong base to allow the building to stay standing for a long time. when i was building the class tower our base was really strong but it was uneven that is why it fell the first time.
ReplyDeleteI was challenged because my team's building did not have a proper base, so the tower at the top was not supported very well. I also learnt that you need to make a proper structure before putting heavy things on top!!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see that you have learnt some of the basic principles of construction and gravity!
DeleteLove the wonderings team - I have certainly wondered that myself - how long will that big corner structure remain untouched??
ReplyDeleteI wonder how long most of the creations stayed there for, mainly because poeple like me just love to destroy them, and. I hope that our building is still up!
ReplyDeleteWhat I found challenging was trying to make the building stable so it didn't fall over. What I learnt was that if you make a strong base it wont topple over as easily. What I wondered was how people could have the patience to build massive buildings, like the one on the end of the table.
ReplyDeletewhat i found challenging was that it was so hard to put the high parts on because we had "big idea's" and we were to short. What I wondered was how people could have the patience to make such big buildings, and how people figured out how to use blocks upside down.
ReplyDeletewhat i found challenging was the time because i was making a pyramid which took me quite a while and only having one more piece to put in i didn't finish. i learnt that if you make a bigger ground to what you are making it will be a lot more stable. i wondered how long it toke people to make there buildings especially the big triangle one at the start and how he/her had the patient to do it.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI learnt that when I was making my stairs that I needed support beams. I learnt that you need to make things stable so they don't fall. I thought that it was interesting how complex the buildings were.
ReplyDeleteExcellent to see all your comments - it's amazing how some great fun created so much wondering and learning!
ReplyDeletethe thing that challenge me the most getting the our building strong and stable and keeping the wight the same on both sides because half the the time the building was falling down but in the end we go it stable.
ReplyDeleteI learnt that you need to plan before you create your Lego building. I also learnt that if you are building a Lego skyscraper you need to make each part of the building supported so that it won't fall. Sadly Ryan and I found out the hard way as our top part was to big to fit on top. Lego was great fun and I hope our tower can stay up for a while.
ReplyDeleteMaiti
I was challenged because of the height of our tower and how it had to stay standing. Eventually we strengthened the base of our structure and balanced out all the rest of it so it won't fall over and destroy everybody else's creation.
ReplyDeleteI was challenged because at first i did not know what to make and then found the base of a building and started to maker a building. Eventually mine started to look like a building and i put some ladders and stairs on the side by a door, but then sadly we had to leave and go back to school. I loved it so much there and would go back again when it is on again. !!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI learnt that if a building is taller it has to have a large bass and has to have the same amount of weight on each side or the building will easily fall down.
ReplyDeleteTree Man Of Doom!!!!!!
Wander: I wander how Lego stays together and doesn't collapse.
ReplyDeleteLearnt : I learnt that Lego can be hard den depending on want you make.
Challenge : what challenged me is building the pyramid
By Jordan
ReplyDeletechallenge: what challenge me and Maiti was building a tall tower with out having it fall on top of me we could we had to plan before we started when we went straight into it with no hassle. We Maiti and i had so much fun. Unfortunately we had a big top piece to we need to expand the top out a bit more. I hope that no one will Destruct or modify onto our piece of art.
ReplyDeleteLearnt: that if you build with a bigger base at the bottom then get smaller as you go up then and that will keep the balance of your building strong. Have a thick layer of blocks to support it then you can add more things to it to make it cooler.
by ryan
ReplyDeleteI loved coming to City Gallery to check out the exhibition - it was great fun but quite frustrating when our stairs kept breaking. I loved how it looked like a white lace world from a distance, or a town made of igloo!
ReplyDeleteOops I forgot the s on igloos
ReplyDeleteYou guys r an amazing bunch of demented architects!! Cheers Claire
ReplyDeletehttp://legoquestkids.blogspot.ca/2012/10/final-challenge-quest-52.html
ReplyDeleteHi Tui
Have a look at the above link. Might be of interest to some of you
Ms D