Friday, 13 November 2015

Our Own Demented Architecture


Today we got to build our own structures. We explored how to use the materials first and then constructed  our larger structures. The grand finale was to light it up!!
Year 8s constructed...


Now for the finale ...

Now the Year 7s experience the fun . The construction...



Then we had fun with the lights....




18 comments:

  1. US year *'s made some stuff that was not so structurally sound but most of it stayed up. Putting the lights in meant you could see why light can play a big part in the way a sculpture is designed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoyed it, when i went to put in a light though my whole thing fell over but it ended up looking awesome. i learnt that some things arent as strong as they look

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I found interesting was that when we put the lights on the building they seamed to come alive and when we mixed two coulors together they would make one new could which could give the building a whole different meaning when you looked at it in a different way. What u also found interesting was that if one building didn't have a strong base you could just make another building to let it lend against to some how this mad the two building more interesting because. When we put the lights on the buildings in the you could find some small spaces that were ex able from the outside and these lights shined on to spersivce places it made you thing about different things. Also if you had a strong base you could have bits of cardboard come of the side of the building giving it more depth and meaning to the building and to and I had a little space in between to bits of cardboard so I decided to put a green and a blue there and when I had finished with this space I stood back and realised that I had a lovely coulor which reminded me of the sea. So that gave me a whole different meaning for me. Also some of the shape in outr works were pushing the limits and you cuold just about make any shape you wanted the Kony limit was that we were not allowed to bend the card but apart dorm the the celling was the limit.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a comprehensive answer Jaidan - I love how you have really reflected on your thinking!

      Delete
  4. I found this activity really fun. My favourite part was when we got to light up our creation!!!! I learnt that you should be careful when you build because it might fall over when you are not looking

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found it really fun to create our own buildings and to keep on modifying them to make them different. My favourite part was when we got to light up our creations!! I learnt that if something looks strong it may not be because there's nothing underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really fun at the art gallery My Favorited thing was to build the number 1 tallest tower.i was worried it was gonna fall but it still stood up.

    Jerry. My name s not meles awesome i do not no how to change the name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure either - are you on Mele's account? Perhaps talk to Maren or Clark - they might have the answers.

      Delete
  7. It was really fun at the art galley on Friday. I loved lighting it up and making it and then deconstructing it.

    Rachel!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The art gallery was awesome! My favourite parts were grand designs, and lighting up the buildings that we had constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. it was so fun to make this amazing sculptures :)

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed creating my card caterpillar (as I have officially named it)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the art gallery segment we had, my favourite part would have to be placing the lights. I liked this part individually because if i misplaced a light on my structure the whole thing would fall to the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved putting the lights on the bulidings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed how the buildings looked incredibly unstable and they are actually strong. My favorite part of the card challenge was the 5 minute challenge. I really enjoyed lighting up the buildings it made the buildings look like a city all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoyed how the buildings looked incredibly unstable and they are actually strong. My favorite part of the card challenge was the 5 minute challenge. I really enjoyed lighting up the buildings it made the buildings look like a city all lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really loved doing grand designs because it made us think and was a real challenge. I also enjoyed lighting it up as some of them looked like skyscrapers in the black night sky. They also all looked really modern which I enjoyed.
    BY Maiti

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry it says Aidan. I (Maiti) could not figure out how to change it.

    ReplyDelete