The Engineer Tessa told us how to make butter and we got to make it with her. My favourite bit was when she was talking about fixing cars making them lighter different shape and Faster. What was amazing was the butter machine that takes 12 tonnes of cream and makes it into butter or buttermilk. making the butter was fun and it looked butter except a bit soft because there was a little to much milk left in the butter. I might want to be a Engineer : )
The Process Engineer, Tessa Noakes talked to Tui Class about what a engineer is and what a engineer does. I got to take part in turning cream into butter. As the cream is shaken, the fat molecules, gets out of position and clumps together and it eventually clumps so much that butter forms. This was really fun the butter was little soft, because it was over shaken not pointing any names *cough cough Dallas. Anyways this was a really cool experience and every school should get to do it.
pretend that last sentence wasn't there , heres the new one. This was a really cool experience and every school should get the opportunitie to do this!
What a great afternoon.I learnt so much about engenering today and had so much fun. One of the things I learnt about today was how butter is made.we also got try it out,what you do is you put cream into a jar and shake it but not for to long what this does is it makes all the fat molecules clump together and form butter. And the rest of the cream becomes butter milk (witch is technically slim milk) overall this was great learning experience and good fun.
Today Tessa came into our class and taught us about Process Engineering. This was really interesting for me because I hadn't really herd of this before so I learnt a lot of new things like how to make butter and what the different types or Process Engineering there is. (They were Design, Operation, Design and Progect Management) Overalll it was a really fun afternoon.
Yesterday was a great afternoon. I learnt a lot from Tessa about Process Engineering. It was really interesting even though I knew about Marine Engineering. I liked how we turned cream into butter even though they didn't really work because she shock them too much. In Process Engineering there is : Design, Operation, Project Management and i can't remember the other one. I think it was structural. Overall I really liked it and would love to do it again.
I wasn't here so I will say my first thoughts. I think process engineering is Engineering in the process. This means that you could be making a car but you are being shown the process of the build. My second guess would be different types of engineering e.g. Earth, cars, buildings and other stuff man-made. I really would like to be part of one of her next sessions looking at the comments. Maiti
Yesterday Tessa came into our class to teach about Engineering. This was really interesting. We got to shake cream and turn it in to this type of butter. It was very fun and interesting. There were 4 words that we had to write into our diary they were " Project Manager, Research, Design and Operation. I will highly recommend this to a lot of people. IT WAS FUN!
I wasn't here, but I think process engineering is about food being proceed for example turning cream into butter by beating it. Process engineering sounds interesting I might research it at home on the computer. Ella
I really enjoyed learning about engineering yesterday when Tessa came in. I liked making butter and liked learning about how the butter milk comes out of the butter. There are many types of engineering and they all do different things. Tessa was a process engineer. Engineering can mean that you are making factories or large buildings. I like engineering and I think it would be a good job for when I am older.
Yesterday Tessa came and talked to Tui class! Tessa was very interesting! A engineer's job is to come up with a solution to a problem E.G The car is slow how can we make it quicker? When I am older I might like to be an engineer, it sounds extremely awesome. Aidan
I really enjoyed learning about engineering. My favourite part was learning about cream turning into butter. I also learnt not to shake the cream to long otherwise it doesn't work. It was an awesome experience and I hope it will happen again.
I was absent yesterday so I wasn't wable to find out wat is is. However I think that process engenering is producing someting swiftly. It is usally produced in a factory. it is also mass-produced. One of the things I am thinking about is a car. it is mass produced at a factory and a great big buisness. I will go and reasearch it.
Yesterday was really fun! We meet an engineer called Tessa Noakes. We learnt that there are lots of other engineers. There are engineers that make technology,factory's and design stuff. We also learnt how to make butter. You get a jam jar and a bottle of cream and pour at least half of the bottle into the jar. Then sake for about 10-15 minutes. It should have a big blob of sticky butter in the jar! IT WAS REALLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a great time learning about engineering yesterday. Thanks Tessa for making Tui class more aware of great opportunity's for later on in life.
We learned about Process engineering, which is to do with Design and Operation. Also some of it is about Project Management and research. When Tessa was here she told us the different types of engineering, and how to get there. Tessa also showed us her journey on the way to engineering. While that happened we made butter using cream and a jar. We shook it around for about ten minutes. Then we opened the jar, poured out the butter milk and scooped out the butter. But we over shook the butter so it wasn't that good.
Over all I really enjoyed this experience, and I hope too learn more about it in the future.
Yesterday Tessa came into the class to talk to us about process engineering. I learnt plenty of things. One thing was how to make butter just out of cream. We got to shake the cream until it turned into butter. There are many different types of engineering ( Operation, Research, Design and Project Management. Tessa talked about what her specific job is, in engineering and what types of engineering there are. It was a great learning experince. I really enjoyed and hope other people can do it as well.
I really enjoyed learning about engineering. One of the questions I was thinking about when we started was what is the difference between an architect or an engineer that works on buildings. The answer is an engineer is the person who thinks can this be better and if so how can it be better. One of the other things I learnt was the 4 parts of the engineering were research, design ,project management and control. Research is pretty strait forward. Design is making the design better and possible in some cases. Project management is working on sight. Control is turning the valves and making the buildings features work.that was just some of the stuff I learnt while Tessa was teaching us.
Yesterday was an incredible afternoon. A lady named Tessa taught our class about process engineering. I really enjoyed it and I learnt many new things that I recently did not know of. I learnt things like how to make butter out of creamed milk. I also learnt what different types of engineers there were eg- Computer engineering,Architectural engineering , Chemical engineering etc. I want to thank Tessa once again for the great afternoon. :)
Yesterday a lovely lady called Tessa came into Tui class to teach us all about engineering. Tessa had set up a lovely power-point for us to look at. It was so fun because we got to make butter out of cream, I loved watching it form from cream to butter. We also learned lots of different types of engineering which I could consider as a job when i'm older. Over all I loved having Tessa come in and hope she comes back again.
I wasn't at school during the session so I'll write what I think process engineering is.I think process engineering is engineering in the process for example you may be half way through designing or making a car or building. My understanding of engineering is a career or job were you plan/design and then build a machine or structure e.g. car, tunnel and road. I really wish that I was there for the experience to learn about process engineering.
I was not at school on this day but I think process engineering in the process of making something that will help in the city. It could be instructions on how to do e.g a car park, high way, buildings, tunnels. Or it could mean the process on how engineering works over all I defiantly think that process engineering is a how to do something that will impact a place,
I wasn't at school when you did this but it looked you had tons of fun! I think process engineering is the process you go through when you are making something. I understand that there are many different types of engineering for different things. I know that engineering is the design and building of machines or structures such as roads and bridges.
The Engineer Tessa told us how to make butter and we got to make it with her. My favourite bit was when she was talking about fixing cars making them lighter different shape and Faster. What was amazing was the butter machine that takes 12 tonnes of cream and makes it into butter or buttermilk.
ReplyDeletemaking the butter was fun and it looked butter except a bit soft because there was a little to much milk left in the butter.
I might want to be a Engineer
: )
The Process Engineer, Tessa Noakes talked to Tui Class about what a engineer is and what a engineer does. I got to take part in turning cream into butter. As the cream is shaken, the fat molecules, gets out of position and clumps together and it eventually clumps so much that butter forms. This was really fun the butter was little soft, because it was over shaken not pointing any names *cough cough Dallas. Anyways this was a really cool experience and every school should get to do it.
ReplyDeletepretend that last sentence wasn't there , heres the new one. This was a really cool experience and every school should get the opportunitie to do this!
DeleteWhat a great afternoon.I learnt so much about engenering today and had so much fun. One of the things I learnt about today was how butter is made.we also got try it out,what you do is you put cream into a jar and shake it but not for to long what this does is it makes all the fat molecules clump together and form butter. And the rest of the cream becomes butter milk (witch is technically slim milk) overall this was great learning experience and good fun.
ReplyDeleteFull steps at the end
DeleteToday Tessa came into our class and taught us about Process Engineering. This was really interesting for me because I hadn't really herd of this before so I learnt a lot of new things like how to make butter and what the different types or Process Engineering there is. (They were Design, Operation, Design and Progect Management) Overalll it was a really fun afternoon.
ReplyDeleteYesterday was a great afternoon. I learnt a lot from Tessa about Process Engineering. It was really interesting even though I knew about Marine Engineering. I liked how we turned cream into butter even though they didn't really work because she shock them too much. In Process Engineering there is : Design, Operation, Project Management and i can't remember the other one. I think it was structural. Overall I really liked it and would love to do it again.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't here so I will say my first thoughts. I think process engineering is Engineering in the process. This means that you could be making a car but you are being shown the process of the build. My second guess would be different types of engineering e.g. Earth, cars, buildings and other stuff man-made. I really would like to be part of one of her next sessions looking at the comments.
ReplyDeleteMaiti
Yesterday Tessa came into our class to teach about Engineering. This was really interesting. We got to shake cream and turn it in to this type of butter. It was very fun and interesting. There were 4 words that we had to write into our diary they were " Project Manager, Research, Design and Operation. I will highly recommend this to a lot of people. IT WAS FUN!
ReplyDeleteWe also learnt a lot about what are simple things like cream for ice cream and butter, Tree's for paper and toilet paper.
DeleteI wasn't here, but I think process engineering is about food being proceed for example turning cream into butter by beating it. Process engineering sounds interesting I might research it at home on the computer.
ReplyDeleteElla
I really enjoyed learning about engineering yesterday when Tessa came in. I liked making butter and liked learning about how the butter milk comes out of the butter. There are many types of engineering and they all do different things. Tessa was a process engineer. Engineering can mean that you are making factories or large buildings. I like engineering and I think it would be a good job for when I am older.
ReplyDeleteYesterday Tessa came and talked to Tui class! Tessa was very interesting! A engineer's job is to come up with a solution to a problem E.G The car is slow how can we make it quicker? When I am older I might like to be an engineer, it sounds extremely awesome.
ReplyDeleteAidan
I really enjoyed learning about engineering. My favourite part was learning about cream turning into butter. I also learnt not to shake the cream to long otherwise it doesn't work. It was an awesome experience and I hope it will happen again.
ReplyDeleteI was absent yesterday so I wasn't wable to find out wat is is.
ReplyDeleteHowever I think that process engenering is producing someting swiftly. It is usally produced in a factory. it is also mass-produced. One of the things I am thinking about is a car. it is mass produced at a factory and a great big buisness.
I will go and reasearch it.
Yesterday was really fun! We meet an engineer called Tessa Noakes. We learnt that there are lots of other engineers. There are engineers that make technology,factory's and design stuff. We also learnt how to make butter. You get a jam jar and a bottle of cream and pour at least half of the bottle into the jar. Then sake for about 10-15 minutes. It should have a big blob of sticky butter in the jar! IT WAS REALLY FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI had a great time learning about engineering yesterday. Thanks Tessa for making Tui class more aware of great opportunity's for later on in life.
ReplyDeleteWe learned about Process engineering, which is to do with Design and Operation. Also some of it is about Project Management and research. When Tessa was here she told us the different types of engineering, and how to get there. Tessa also showed us her journey on the way to engineering. While that happened we made butter using cream and a jar. We shook it around for about ten minutes. Then we opened the jar, poured out the butter milk and scooped out the butter. But we over shook the butter so it wasn't that good.
Over all I really enjoyed this experience, and I hope too learn more about it in the future.
Yesterday Tessa came into the class to talk to us about process engineering. I learnt plenty of things. One thing was how to make butter just out of cream. We got to shake the cream until it turned into butter. There are many different types of engineering ( Operation, Research, Design and Project Management. Tessa talked about what her specific job is, in engineering and what types of engineering there are. It was a great learning experince. I really enjoyed and hope other people can do it as well.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed learning about engineering. One of the questions I was thinking about when we started was what is the difference between an architect or an engineer that works on buildings. The answer is an engineer is the person who thinks can this be better and if so how can it be better. One of the other things I learnt was the 4 parts of the engineering were research, design ,project management and control. Research is pretty strait forward. Design is making the design better and possible in some cases. Project management is working on sight. Control is turning the valves and making the buildings features work.that was just some of the stuff I learnt while Tessa was teaching us.
ReplyDeleteYesterday was an incredible afternoon. A lady named Tessa taught our class about process engineering. I really enjoyed it and I learnt many new things that I recently did not know of. I learnt things like how to make butter out of creamed milk. I also learnt what different types of engineers there were eg- Computer engineering,Architectural engineering , Chemical engineering etc. I want to thank Tessa once again for the great afternoon. :)
ReplyDeleteYesterday a lovely lady called Tessa came into Tui class to teach us all about engineering. Tessa had set up a lovely power-point for us to look at. It was so fun because we got to make butter out of cream, I loved watching it form from cream to butter. We also learned lots of different types of engineering which I could consider as a job when i'm older. Over all I loved having Tessa come in and hope she comes back again.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't at school during the session so I'll write what I think process engineering is.I think process engineering is engineering in the process for example you may be half way through designing or making a car or building. My understanding of engineering is a career or job were you plan/design and then build a machine or structure e.g. car, tunnel and road. I really wish that I was there for the experience to learn about process engineering.
ReplyDeleteI was not at school on this day but I think process engineering in the process of making something that will help in the city. It could be instructions on how to do e.g a car park, high way, buildings, tunnels. Or it could mean the process on how engineering works over all I defiantly think that process engineering is a how to do something that will impact a place,
ReplyDeleteI wasn't at school when you did this but it looked you had tons of fun! I think process engineering is the process you go through when you are making something. I understand that there are many different types of engineering for different things. I know that engineering is the design and building of machines or structures such as roads and bridges.
ReplyDelete