Wednesday, 2 November 2016

Financial Literacy

Vane from ASB came and taught us today about being smart with money! He made the point that everyone can be smart with money we just have to make some good decisions! Comment on what Vane challenged you to think about and any decisions you can make for your financial future.

24 comments:

  1. The Whole experience of get wise with our money A.S.B it has made me understand why money is super duper valuable in life. My favourite part was seeing foxes not to shabby alonso car which cost in 2500 dollars pretty cheap. But the real thing is save your money in a bank you can get a intress of 3 % Practically it is rewarding you to stay with the bank. Vane was super funny with his gestures and his eye contact. He taught us to save most of your money and use little bits at a time.
    Thanks Vane
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.that was fun. i really enjoyed but one of the challenges i had to face when he was talking to us was that i should really start saving now to have a better futer and that i need to learn to make better desitions to save money faster and better. i'm also going to try set up a bank account to save my money better plus, Plum, Erin and i are going to have a lemonade stand to try earn extra money and if our caculations are correct we can make a lot of money. so anyway it was really fun and i learnt heaps. cant wait to do this session again :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its ines by the way and thanks vane :)

      Delete
  3. Today we were very lucky to have Vane come in from the ASB bank and talk to us about money. We talked about how you can get money and how to make good decisions with the money we have. Vane was very funny. Also he told us to make good descisions with our money, and if you start saving money now then you'll have lots of money when we're older. What challenged me was to think how I will spend my money in the future. I really enjoyed the afternoon.
    Thanks Vane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This experience was really good. It helped me to realise that money isn't just a toy, and that you need to wisely spend. You can get so many things with money if you save an use it correctly. my favourite part was when started talking about the interest thing with Erin, Ari and fox. Vane was funny and he taught me a lot.
    Thanks Vane 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your comments but I also want to know what decisions can you make today that would make you fantastic at handling money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can put it in the bank and you get intirest which helps you earn more money plus you can try and save up your money until you need it

      Delete
  6. WOW! what an awesome afternoon! It was amazing! To awesome to explain! But here I"ll give it a try! This afternoon a guy named Vane came from the ASB bank and taught us about how to be wise with our money. What we talked about was, how to make good decisions with your money, how to save it, ways that you can earn it and also we learnt about interest. Interest is when you put money in your bank account and every month depending on how much money is in your account the bank gives you a little bit of money to show that you have money in there. This means the more you save the more interest you get from the bank. Throughout the time Vane was there he played little games with us and made us laugh. What Vane made me realise is that money is very important in our life so we need to use it wisely and also save it at the same time. This helps you to buy things that you may want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so much fun, Vane made learning funny and he made us laugh a lot. he help us learn how to keep money safe and what to do with it. my favourite part was when Erin Ari and fox went up and did that car thing. over all I think everyone enjoyed this experience and I hope we can do this again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Today Vane from the ASB came into Tui Class and talked to us about money. One of the many things I learnt is that it is a good idea to start saving earlier, so when you are older you will have some money to buy a house. We also got taught about the acronym 'CAT', which means cost, action and time. Vane also talked to us about ways we could earn some money. Some of the ways he suggested were chores, neighbourhood jobs and selling things. I really enjoyed doing the 5 minute business challenge because we had the chance to create our own products, and choose how much to sell them for. It was really interesting to learn about interest and what happens to your money if you leave it in your bank account. Overall, I really enjoyed the session with Vane and I learnt a lot about money and savings! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had such a fun time when vane came and I also learnt a lot about money. One thing that I learnt about was interest and from now on I will keep my money in a bank account. We learnt about CAT which means cost, action and time.Vane also explained to us about how we can earn money, an example is doing chores or having a garage sale or making a buisness. It was a great experience having Vane come in and teach us about money and I hope to do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was very a interesting afternoon because I learnt heaps today. We were all taught about how we can be awesome with money. We learnt about what CAT means it means Cost, Action and Time. Vane the teacher taught us how to Earn money and try not to spend to much of it. This was such a fun afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was a really fun experience. I am now going to keep most of my money in the bank to save up!
    Thanks Vane

    ReplyDelete
  12. Today Vane from the ASB can to Tui Class to teach us about money. During the lesson we were taught how to save money and how to earn money. Vane informed us that it was best to save earlier so when you get older you have enough money to buy what you need. We were also taught about the acronym C.A.T. C stands for cost, A for action and T for time. To earn money we could do chores, do neighbourhood jobs or start our own business. My favourite part was creating our own 5 minute business. I enjoyed this because we had a chance to create our own products, name them and we could decide how much products were worth. I found learning about interest the most interesting. I learnt that if you keep your money in the bank that you earn a bit each month. Overall I session was extremely fun and Vane made it heaps more funnier and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today(2.11.2016)I really enjoyed having vane from the ASB get wise team come in and teach us about saving money. We learnt that any one can be a good money saver, the ways that you can save your money- you could create a money box or buy one(but you've got to have money to spend money) or you can put it in a bank account, we learnt about interest and how if you keep saving the bank will give you a a very small amount of money e.g each month I get 3% interest so after awhile the interest will build up and you will get more interest. We played a game and in the end it would be better to store your money in a bank. We used a money planer called CAT it stands for cash- what you want and how much it costs, action- how much money do you get and how much you are going to spend and time- how long is it going to take before you have enough money. We talked about how to make good choices with money like not to use up all of your money at once. We discussed ways to make money- Neighbor hood jobs. We also learnt to start saving now! because we are going to need this money later on. Over all I learnt so much from Vane on being money saver so i would just like to say THANK YOU VANE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This afternoon was great! I really enjoyed learning about how to save money and spend it wisely. Vane explained Interest percentages from banks very well. He said for the more amount of time and money put into a bank, the higher the interest percentage goes which means you get extra money. He also explained how to get money, and what could happen if you work hard and save up for a long time. This whole experience was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this afternoon! I learnt about the CAT system, CAT stands for Cash, Action and Time! He challenged me to think about how well I'm saving my money and how I could start saving more money for things I would like in the future. I've decided now to make a small list of things I want/need in order of how much I want/need it. I'm also going to try pick up a few more chores around the house and try the paper run. With the money I get I will save eighty percent of it and hold it in a bank account to gain interest :) THANKS VANNE FOR COMING IN AND TEACHING US :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This afternoon was so much fun! Vane from the ASB came into our class to tell to get wise with money. I really enjoyed this experience because he was really funny but informative at the same time. What I learnt was that if you save earlier the money you have now will help you in the future, this is really goo to know because I have a savings account. Thank you Vane for coming today!!!!!!,

    ReplyDelete
  17. This afternoon was very fun and educational. Vane from ASB came into Tui Class this afternoon to talk about the value of money. He taught us how to spend our money wisely, how to save our money and also how we could earn money by participating in jobs. He taught me that i should be wise with my money TODAY so that it could benefit my future. THANKYOU VANE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This afternoon was so fun and educational. I learnt that where you save your money is very important. I also learnt a lot about interest and income. The guy that came in was super funny and made learning so much fun. I have definitely taken in a lot from yesterday which will help me in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found the whole experience excellent! Though I had a bunch of prior knowledge, it was still a great learning experience. One of the things I learned was how much interest we actually get. I thought we would get around 0.1% interest per month, we actually get 3% every month! I really enjoyed how Vane had the perfect ballance between humor, fun, and learning. This lesson will help me in the future! Good job Vane, and good job to St Anthony's for bringing him in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The experience we had this afternoon was amazing! Vane really made me think about saving more money in the bank because you can make more money with your interest. I liked learning about the CAT goals (clear, action and time) and I now want to try harder to save up for something I want. I think the most interesting part was ways you can make money. I don't get much pocket money at home but talking about business plans really made me think, especially when we came up with our own ideas in groups. It really inspired me to create a business of my own. Thanks Vane!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The whole experience was fun and good to learn. This helped me for upcoming years were if i want to save, how much I will get paid, how long will it take etc. We also learnt that if you save in the bank you can earn more money from interest. I really enjoyed and was good for everyone to learn.

    ReplyDelete